**** This job has been archived. ***
Commercial (Gas) Combustion Engineer
Salary: £37K .A company vehicle will be provided with fuel card, overtime, roster allowance and specialist tools as required.
Alternative Titles - Combustion Engineer, Gas Engineer, Gas Combustion, CHP Engineer, MTHW Engineer
Our client is a market leader in power supply throughout the UK. They have gained an enviable reputation for both quality and after-sales service. In Leicester they have built an impressive District Heating network through and beyond the city of Leicester, a service that begins and ends with their customer - Leicester City Council, University of Leicester, etc. This is achieved by utilising a combination of biomass boilers and in excess of 5MW of low carbon gas-fired combines heat and power boilers to power this medium temperature hot water system.
Due to continued expansion they now require an additional Commercial Combustion Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be required to:
* Assume responsibility for carrying out planned maintenance of gas boilers (+£1.5MW) and plant within various energy centres throughout the City.
* Working with the team you will also service pumps (40KW), gas boosters, valves, heat exchangers, invertors and various other related plant.
* You will provide planned and reactive maintenance support and ensure that all applications are in full working order and comply with relevant legislation.
* Diagnose and repair faults
* A one in three week 24/7 standby is a requirement
Our client is looking for strong applicants with the following background:
* Be certified for all types of commercial gas boilers
* Live within an hour of Leicester
* Have experience of maintaining and servicing a wide variety of commercial gas boilers and plant
* A driving licence
* Knowledge of industrial process control
* Flexible and hardworking, possessing strong communication and decision making skills
Suitable living locations for this role would include;
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.