**** This job has been archived. ***
Assembly Manager - Automotive Components
Alternative Title - Production Manager - Production Manager - Automotive, Power Train Components, Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Engineer, Design Engineer, Senior Production Engineer, Production Manager Exhaust Systems, Automotive Assembly, TS16949, FMEA, APQP
Salary: Salary dependent on experience. Good package
Our client is an independent company that has carved itself a niche designing and supplying powertrain components (exhaust systems and other items) to OE automotive customers. Their reputation and expertise is such that several prestigious manufacturers utilise their services. We are proud to be an integral part of our client's continuing success.
This is a challenging and strategically important role which will really enthuse the successful candidate. In addition to managing the existing Assembly you will be tasked with organising and installing systems throughout the process - including relocating to a much larger unit to meet their expanding production needs. Recruiting and training your own team in the process.
* Manage manufacturing of prototype and production parts
* Work closely with Third Party Manufacturers to ensure quality and supply is maintained
* Increase company profitability by improving the manufacturing process
* Plan and set up new product production facilities on one or more sites
* Be responsible for pre-production and product release documentation including APQP, PPAP, PSW, and PFMEA
* Ensure all production processes, procedures, documents and records conform to ISO/TS 16949
* Be responsible for supplier approval process, regular visits and supplier audits
Our client is looking for someone with:
* Experience in a similar role
* A leader with a "Can Do" attitude
* Good production process knowledge
* Automotive experience
* Experience of manufacturing stainless steel components, carbon fibre, or extrusion an advantage
* Good communication skills
* Good MS Office skills
* Clean driving licence
In return, our client offers:
* Basic salary dependent on experience
* Company pension scheme
* A generous 28 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
* Structured career development
This role is commutable from;
Mana Resourcing is a specialist recruitment company working within the Engineering, Sales, IT and Commercial sectors. We are established to service and support the recruitment requirements of modern businesses and candidates alike. Catia 5, development, design, OEM, engineering development, development manager, automotive, manufacturing, CAD design, 3D CAD CAM software, CATIA V6, CATIA V5.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.