**** This job has been archived. ***
Operations Manager - Logistics
Salary: £35-38K Basic + Package
Alternative Job Title - Logistics Manager, Warehouse Manager, Logistics & Warehouse Manager, Head of Operations
Our client is a distributor of wire and cable with a Global Turnover in excess of $6Billion. They are anything but your stereotypical industrial supply company, due to their "can do attitude" and dynamic management they have continued to increase their profitability in the UK throughout the last decade, even maintaining turnover during the recession.
This is a strategically important role to manage and inspire their successful team in the Stockport Depot - responsibilities will include:
* Organising distribution of goods
* Managing 3 direct reports with ultimate responsibility for approx. 50 employees - a mixture of Warehouse, Drivers and Office.
* P & L Control - managing overhead and budget control
* Responsibility for goods in.
* Process Control
* Leadership and people management
* Communication, administration and organisation
* Motivation and professionalism
* Presentation and training skills
* Project management
* Managing teams and human resource responsibilities
* Being flexible and commercially aware
* Excellent PC skills - Word, Excel, Access
* Experience and in-depth knowledge in the complete warehousing and logistics area (receiving, picking, packing, shipping, WMS)
* Familiar with working in a project environment
* Working closely with other departments through high levels of communication
* Project management experience, including cost calculation and/or price setting
* Knowledge of transport requirements and import/export procedures is an advantage
This role is commutable from:
Mana Resourcing is a specialist recruitment company working within the Engineering, Sales, IT and Commercial sectors. We are established to service and support the recruitment requirements of modern businesses and candidates alike.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.