**** This job has been archived. ***
School Business Manager
SALARY: £30-32K Basic, 30 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays), Generous Pension
Our Client is an exceptional Educational Trust with 500 pupils over three separate sites in the locality. Due to an imminent retirement they are now seeking a skilled manager to implement good business practice throughout the school. The key purpose of this position is to manage the business and finances of the school allowing the teachers to get on with what they are good at - educating!
The position of Business Manager is a diverse and challenging one requiring you to assume responsibility for;
*Marketing and Communications
Basically, working alongside an Executive Head, you are managing a small business with an annual budget of approx. £2.25M - everything non education is within your remit.
The Business Manager will possess;
*Proven people management skills. You will be responsible for a team of 9 people (Finance, Admin & Facilities).
*Good fiscal/budgetary understanding - you are in charge of an annual budget of approx. £2.25M.
*Strong admin skills and the ability to introduce good practice throughout the business.
*Working knowledge of facilities management/Health & Safety.
*Experience of working effectively with a wide range of external partners.
This role is commutable from:
ALTERNATIVE JOB TITLES: School Business Manager, Unit Manager, Business Trust Manager, Office Manager, Budget Manager, Finance Controller, General Manager, Business Manager - Education Sector, Bursar
Mana Resourcing is a specialist recruitment company working within the Engineering, Sales, IT and Commercial sectors. We are established to service and support the recruitment requirements of modern businesses and candidates alike.
The Business Manager role will also involve overall responsibility for:
- financial resource management
- administration and communication systems
- management information and ICT
- human resource management
- facility and property management
- health and safety management of the school
- be positive, energetic, cheerful, resilient and an excellent cummunicator
- have considerable financial knowledge and understanding
- write clearly, concisely and have an eye for detail
- be pro-active, organised and able to both lead and work within a team
- be able to work diligently and efficiently to manage deadlines
In return, we can offer:
- a busy, creative and dynamic environment with high standards
- a motivated, professional and dedicated staff team
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.